The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

For Those of You Who Were Wondering....

.... No, I haven't given up on the Persephone novel, it's just been on hold. The final word count for November was about 34,000, I think, which is by no means 50,000 but isn't bad, either. I feel like it was a success because I accomplished what I set out to accomplish--I got myself disciplined in my writing and forced myself to get the crap on the page, which is where I have failed so many times before. This is by far the most I have EVER written on a single piece, and I'm thrilled to know that I have the power to discipline myself with personal goals effectively enough to actually *write,* instead of just *thinking about writing* and then calling myself a *writer.*

I will resume work on the novel when I can, and work on it in the future when I can. Look for future posts here.

I didn't get to 50,000 for the expected reasons: school, work, family, friends, life, etc. I should have more free time now that I JUST FINISHED my last big paper and am now *DONE* with the semester. Can you tell how excited I am about that? Now all I have in my future is excitement and freedom--no more big scary Looming Responsibilities, aside from Not Dying. I'm pretty good at Not Dying, I've been successful for 21.5 years so far, so I have high hopes for the coming year.

All in all, things are going well. Yes, WELL. I said it. I'm happy. Shut up.