The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Monday, June 23, 2003

I looked in the mirror yesterday and saw that I was different. Nothing physical, mind you, I just made eye contact with myself for a split second and knew something had changed. After thinking for a moment and studying my face carefully, I realized what it was. I looked older. I was older. I *am* older. And that's when it hit me--- I really am growing up. I really am changing, I really am maturing, metamorphosizing, whatever you want to call it. It's up, up, and away. I suppose I never really comprehended it before, that I would continue to grow and change, never again to be what I was in the past. Never again will I be a tiny blonde little sprite of a girl, never again will I be an awkwardly depressed 13 year old, never again will I be sixteen. Never. The things I will do in my future; and the things I will become, have just hit me like a sack of bricks. As hokey as it sounds, my future really is ahead of me, and that makes life exciting beyond expression. What's around the next corner? I have no idea. But if I could change enough in one day, one boring, simple day, so much that I noticed it in my reflection... what will tomorrow bring? It sorta makes you want to keep your eyes open, doesn't it? Happy traveling. God Bless.