The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Ah, smell that? The freshness of fall, and a new post! I zipped right over to Best Buy after school today and got Dido's new alblum, then listened to it in my room with the window open slightly so I could breathe the fresh (cold) air and hear the lovely fall rain. C'est Délicieux. Kecky, if you're out there I linked to your diary, and also: I LOVE JANE EYRE!!!!!!! Best book EVER!!! Although, I must say, not everyone thinks so, I'm afraid. People have actually described it as *boring* (I can't imagine why) and seem not to understand the eternal torment and joy of unrequited love by one who knows her own unworthiness. ::sigh:: It really is the most beautifully teen-girl-angst written novel. I also may warn you that love of the book runs in my family. It is my grandmother's *and* aunt's favorite book. Please give it a chance though.

Also, I wrote another poem. Bet you're getting tired of them. Too Bad! Read! Muahahahaha!


Saturday Night

Wind whips the stars around me
as I speed along the boarder
of city and isolation

You are so silent
next to me
that you aren't even there
and once again I rush alone
into uncertainty

When I arrive at the chaos
confusion and madness
are thinly contained
in fragile inhibitions

Eyes dart left and right
unseeing
and unknowingly pass their disease
to me