The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Thursday, July 31, 2003

::takes deep breath:: Ahhhhh, smell that? That's the delicious scent of intelligent, angst-ridden, depressed teenagers. Er, not really delicious, I guess... I mean, I love them, but I wish they weren't depressed. That's not good. Depression sucks, but it's not as bad as schitzophrenia. That's some bad $|-|17 right there. But yes, anyway, as I was saying, I'm currently surrounded by intelligent, depressed teenagers. Which is fine with me, I prefer them to stupid happy teenagers, but it would be nice to meet a *happy* *intelligent* teenager. These are quite scarce, though, most of the time. The reason is quite obvious. Intelligence=disillusionment=disenchantment=reality realization=depression. As my mom put it, "Anyone who's smart, especially in their teen years, starts to think about things. And in this world, anyone who really thinks about things, especially a teenager, is going to get depressed."

So this post isn't really accurately expressing what I want it to. What I'm really trying to say is, I'm surrounded by awesome people who are in a dark place, and that makes me sad because I want them to be happy. I sound really dumb now, but I'm just trying to say I'm going to do my best in this position I've been put in; I'm going to try my hardest to do what I can by my fellow "gifted"s, soulmates, and old friends. I'm going to do my best.