The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Six Feet Under, and Vindicated

"Today's my birthday and I get one every year. And someday I do believe that I'll be buried six feet underground..." --No Doubt

My birthday was wednesday, I am now 19. Whooppee. I got CD's and DVD's and some money. My mom and I went to lunch, then to a boutique where I got an *awesome* corset and pants, then we went to see "The Stepford Wives". It was okay. Later was my family party, where I unwrapped pieces of paper that said things like "Audioslave CD" and "Buffy Season 5" because my presents hadn't arrived from Amazon yet. :)

Thursday Hannah and I went to see Farehnheit 9/11. I was quite disappointed. With all the hype surrounding it, I expected it to be as good or better than Bowling for Columbine. It really wasn't at all. In my opinion, the first half of the movie was irrelevant to the issue it was supposedly exploring, and the second half was basically "war is bad" which we all know, but has nothing to do with the question of if it were necessary or not. Stupid Michael Moore. He didn't even use real facts; he's forged so much that the movie doesn't even qualify as a documentary. The whole thing was a slanted stab at provoking pure emotion in people, whether founded or not. It was an attempt at "shock and awe" based on facts less substantial than the WMD reports. Only mindless sheep would fall for that film. If anything good comes from it, hopefully it will lead to more people researching their own facts and becoming more politically aware. What a disappointment.


"I am Vindicated I am selfish I am wrong, I am right I swear I'm right, I swear I knew it all along." --Dashboard Confessional

I think that might be self explanatory. Or at least it would be if you knew who I just spoke to on the phone. He called to ask how my college schedule worked out, and to wish me a happy birthday. He danced around the elephant on the phone line for a few minutes,then apprehensively brought it up. No matter how mad I am at the both of them, I still spoke to him in cordial tones. I'm at a loss as to how to deal with all this, so I suppose I might as well be polite, but inside I was raging. I didn't tell him my grandfather was dead. I don't want his sympathy. I suppose I just want to feel... vindicated.