The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Friday, March 07, 2008

Good News

My mom went to the doctor this week for her second chemo treatment, and he examined her to check the tumor. He said it seems to have shrunk 50-60%. I am immensely relieved. Half the size after one treatment! She's still really tired from the chemo a lot of the time, but it's good to know the treatment is working. She had her head shaved last week because her hair was coming out, but she seems okay with it. She has a really cute wig, about which I'm considering writing a story.

This is all wonderful. However, now I can move on to worrying about the *next* biggest thing, which is my schoolwork, which is very quickly overwhelming me. The biggest problem is that I need to come up with a topic for my 20 page Women & Gender studies thesis. You would think that this would be extremely easy for me, but ever since last December I have felt like my brain is barely functioning... it's like I'm living in a fog. Everything is muddled and confusing, I can't quite think straight most of the time, and it's nearly impossible to concentrate, especially when I'm trying to read French. I'm sure that this is all due to stress, or getting older, but I just can not put up with it anymore. If I'm going to graduate I have got to get my brain working again

If you have any ideas for a Women's Studies thesis, let me know.