The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

When the air moves over my skin
The scent of you travels with it
Into my nostrils, down to my lungs, and through my soul
Unbidden
It flows, under, over, through me
Unstoppable.

And yet I must resist
For the thought of losing all of you
is more pain than I can bear
Still, to know your touch... I feel like I would see the stars
Would you open the universe to me?
Would I see galaxies, planets, nations, children?
Millions of miles away?

Somehow I feel that if you moved inside me,
your grace would flow through me
and for a perfect moment, I'd be enlightened
To the universe through your eyes
A vision of ecstasy
Unclouded by doubt
or apprehension.

Would you open the universe to me?
Would you transfer your sight to me,
for a moment?
Giving me the gift of your insight, your outsight?

Or would it come from inside me?
Would sparks fly from your fingertips,
igniting the electricity in my brain,
illuminating parts of my mind I didn't know existed?

Questions that will never be answered
haunt me tonight.
I know not what you think
feel
see.

I cannot see the galaxies swirling inside your mind.
But if I could...
Would you open the universe to me?