The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Shock and Awe

This is probably old news to everyone but me, but today I was driving along, minding my own business, listening to the radio, when I hear the DJ introduce a song as being by *Good* *Charlotte*. I expect to hear pop-punk guitars and whiny screaming filling my car immediately afterward, but to my utter shock and distaste, I hear a synthesized dance beat, decrotive pop ornamentation in the background, and then whiny screaming filling my car.

When did Good Charlotte turn dance/pop? They sound vaguely Maroon 5-ish... but I like Maroon 5, and this is just disturbing. I'm not saying I was a huge fan before, or that I had some massive ammount of respect for them, but I really thought they were at least sort of punk... why, why WHY would they sell out like this??? Oh wait... it's called selling out because there's money involved....

I'm still completely aghast.