The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Saturday, January 08, 2005

So This Is The New Year

It pretty much feels like last year. New Year's Resolutions are pretty much made to be broken, so I don't make them. I do, however, set a few guidelines ("They're more like guidelines, really.") for myself to follow in the coming year. Last year's guidelines went well, so I think I'm going to keep them again this year.

Guideline #1. Draw closer to God, focus on following His plan for my life, work on discerning what that plan might be.

Guideline #2. Focus on responsibilities; be successful in school and at work.

Guideline #3. DO NOT under ANY CIRCUMSTANCES *fall* *in* *love*.


All of the guidelines are extremely important in maintaining my life as I wish it to be. I've got a cushy little non-suicidal setup here, I'm going to stick with it as long as possible.

In other news, I was interviewed by 417 Magazine last night. Then I watched Garden State. V.v. good.

Oh, and don't ask how my New Year's Eve was, because it sucked. It's a very long, involved, complicated story that has evovled over the past 6 years. Anyway, it was just bad, except for one brief interlude of dancing. In fact, I was so miserable that it was the one time in my life where I really, truly, desperately wanted a drink. But of course, no alcohol was to be had. Ironic.

Okay kids, your turn now. Here's the part where you share all of *your* New Year's Resolutions and the rest of us proceed to tempt the pants off of you until you break them.

I didn't mean that literally. If anyone has dirty resolutions involving pants, feel free to keep those to yourself.