The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Friday, October 03, 2003

I'm tired but it feels wrong to go to sleep when there's no school tomorrow. Yay for three day weekend.

So I totally had a Calculus "Quiz" (test) that I completely didn't know about. I think I did okay though. I think. I hate not being confident about math; especially since I'm starting to enjoy it. Math should be a bit predictable, you know, but somehow it just.... isn't.

So if you're still reading this after the thrilling paragraph on MATH......

We nominated people for Homecoming Court yesterday. I know I know, everyone's rolling their eyes and going "Stupid, why are you typing about this, I had so much respect for you (or not) and now I hate you, moron." But seriously, I have a point.
My class ended up nominating a bunch of girls who:

A) Are all fairly intelligent
B) Are all very nice people
C) Are not snobby at all
and
D) Overall *deserve* the appreciation of their peers.

I suppose what I mean is, I'm very impressed with how not-superficial my class is. But then, we *are* the good class. It alternates at my school. Ex: If the class of 2004 is "good" then the class of 2005 will be "bad". I'm not kidding. It actually works that way.

And now the (more) relevant things I have to say.

I went to defectiveyeti.com today and found that the author of the blog had an essay published on an online daily. I read it, and found that some people do very very much with their lives. Sometimes I'm afraid I might not be one of them. Because, you know, all 16-25 year olds are idealists who want to travel the globe spreading peace and love, but if everyone actually did it, the world wouldn't suck so much.

Along the same lines, a friend of mine reminded me of the AIDS crisis in Africa, and how he was thinking about starting a campaign soon to get local churches more involved. I very much agree with him; the church isn't doing nearly enough to help the situation. For more information on AIDS efforts in Africa, go to www.data.org.

Switching gears yet again, here's some random personal stuff:

Why can't you be a man?

I didn't want to hurt you but you're pretty when you cry.



And if that wasn't random enough, CAMPBELL 16 SUCKS!!!!!

I have a reason. Actually, like 6. Anyway, go to Goodrich 8 instead. Seriously. It's a conspiracy, and the amusement of whispering "Wehrenberg" isn't worth bowing to an evil empire.

Plus, Laura works at the 8. (Big discount, smily face)