The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Saturday, October 04, 2003

So I hung out with a new friend for the first time last night, and I'm sure he thinks very differently of me now.

See, all the trouble started when he and his friend decided it would be fun to get a 12-pack. This, of course, is a very bad idea for me. I have a very, *very* low tolerance. So we walk to the gas station to get our inebriating substances and take off down National towards the Taco Bell a block away. And really, I hadn't intoxicated myself on like that in *years* and had forgotten just how little of it I could tolerate. So by the time I had taken my third sip, I was absolutely out of my mind. I absolutely COULD NOT stop laughing. I laughed the entire walk. And after a few minutes, my speech slurred slightly and I began staggering a bit (though that could have been the magic goat boots). So basically, we're (the five of us) walking down along campus with cans in our hands, yelling at cars and laughing uncontrollably, while he holds the rest of the 12-pack under his arm. I am seriously surprised we didn't get stopped by *someone*. Even if we *weren't* driving, we were certainly being obnoxious.

Oh, and in case you were wondering what this wonderful intoxicating beverage was.... it was Mountain Dew.

And that, ladies and gents, is why I can never go near *any* drug more potent than caffeine. My blood would boil and my brain would explode. I promise.

That, and it's eeky.

Something else happy: My friend Hannah (of the Blogarama) and I went into E-biz today!!!! Yay!!! We're selling tee shirts, bumper stickers, etc with v. cool designs on cafe press. So everyone go to www.cafepress.com/musicunites and BUY STUFF!!!!!

MUSIC UNITES!