The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

SLAM!

That would be the sound of my most recent "possible relationship door" closing with superhuman force. Yeah, "Flirty Philosophy Guy" got a girlfriend. Just out of nowhere, apparently. Just, *BAM* girlfriend.

I swear, God better have some *really* *freaking* *awesome* guy set up for me, because with all this cosmic interference it's no wonder I still haven't had a boyfriend. Every time I meet someone with whom I think I could *possibly* be compatible, some kind of roadblock springs up.

And I know these roadblocks are probably for the best--they always have been in the past. When I look back on the relationships that almost were, I realize that it's better that they weren't; still, it is frustrating.

I'm glad God is playing Overprotective Big Brother with love life, because I'm sure I'd screw it up otherwise, but geez. I don't exactly need to be constantly reminded that I'm entirely undatable.

Okay, that was angsty. Moving on....

Went to see Harry Potter last Friday; so good! It was very funny, though I did feel that it was a little too happy, particularly at the end. I think it's supposed to be that way, though, because the last three books get really, really dark and I think the "innocence" of the earlier books needs to be emphasized so that there's a greater sense of loss in the future.

Oh, and Josh has a blog now.... here 'tis.