The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

AACK!!! It's all happening so fast!!!

The Slam is tomorrow night, and I'm starting to get nervous. I may have mentioned that my English teacher made attending/participating in the Slam an *assignment* for her classes. If I haven't, well, she did. This means two things: #1) everyone hates me now and #2) there are going to be lots of people there who are only there because they have to be, and don't care *anything* about poetry, and are going to read *crap* and be obnoxious. Besides that, I'm worried that I didn't make it clear to the English teachers/sponsors how involved I want them to be in this. Make that uninvolved. COMPLETELY UNINVOVLED. If they must be there, it's going to be in a fly-on-the-wall sort of way. I want little to no vocalization from any of them.

When I tell them this, they're going to get mad. Even though I'm going to say it in a very nice way, with a very nice lead in, and I'm going to present a very logical (and true) argument. If they want kids to get excited about poetry, they're going to have to step back. If your teacher tells you to like something, then you're not going to like it, and that's just the way it is. This is *MY* *SLAM*. I thought of it months ago. It was my idea. I planned it. I coordinated it. I did *all* the work. I *will* *be* *running* *it*.

Anyway. So besides that, I had to take the stupid Cappies tape back over to Parkview today, but I was so distracted by my Slam worries that I completely forgot it when I went to voice lessons and had to drive *all* the way home from across town and then *all* the way back across town to Parkview. Grrrrrrr.......

Then there's my calculus grade. It blows. Really. It's like a C now, *if* he drops my lowest homework score. I have *got* to start getting 10's or I can kiss my A goodbye. I was just trying to *do* my critical calculus homework, and then I realized I don't even know how to *START* problem #60, and neither does Tim, my classmate/consultant, and that's bad. Very bad.

I also need to write a draft of my Macbeth paper by Friday, only I haven't started it and have no idea what I'm doing, and I can't do it tomorrow night because of the Slam so ideally I should do it tonight but I can't stay up late because I have to get up at 6:30 tomorrow morning for Madrigal practice (rescheduled from Tuesday because our director's son had his tonsils out). And I still have to do that Calc homework and it has to be PERFECT........ and there's a cappies meeting tomorrow after school, so my afternoon is shot too.....and I had a dream last night that I was schizophrenic. That was not fun. Mucho scary. I was so relieved when I woke up.

Slam....Calculus....Cappies...Madrigal....English teachers....Calculus....Slam.... Calculus... Macbeth....Calculus.....

::has heart attack at 18, dies::

[Exeunt]