The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Sunday, November 02, 2003

After reading Obsessive Frog's post today, I put this in the comments:

The other day this guy in my Calculus class said something really cool to me. I've been around him for 5 or 6 years now, in class and stuff, but we never got to know each other at all, really, mostly because he''s very obnoxious and we tend to butt heads, much to the amusement of our fellow classmates. I always thought he didn't like me at all, because I didn't put up with his attitude. This of course made the comment all the more unexpected. He said something about how he'd never heard me curse or use foul language. I have before, of course, though I try not to in class or in public places, and really I don't like to at all. But when he said it, he said it in a way that sounded like he was impressed, and that he respected me for it. The fact that he thought highly of me really made an impression on me; now I *really* want to be careful about my language, and set a good example in everything I do, because, well, I know that people are watching. And it really makes me not want to disappoint.