The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Sunday, November 09, 2003

The first time I tried to post this, Blogger ate it, like the image of an insatiable cartoon monster it's name evokes. So this is the second time I've typed this up. Probably a good thing, since the first attempt was a little... er... angrier than this one will be.

I saw the Matrix last night and liked it. The Battle of the Dock scene really blew me away in terms of visuals, and I actually cared about the characters, especially the 16 year old soldier. I was actually in *suspense*.

I went to see the movie with some old friends I hadn't seen in a while, and I was very excited about that until I realized they had absolutely no interest in talking to me, catching up with me, or otherwise getting to know me again like I did them. Every time I said something, I was sliced open by someone who was apparently "offended" by my remark. When that got old, they just started disregarding me completely, belittling me into the silly girl I am once again, and otherwise making it clear that I wasn't invited to their intellectual conversations. Soon they just ignored me completely. I was very disappointed at first, but another friend suggested to me that perhaps it just wasn't the right time to rekindle our friendship, and I believe she was right. Obviously they don't really have any interest in incoporating me into their lives again at this point--perhaps in a few years we'll drift together again. I certainly hope so; the thought of losing them for good is acutely painful. They changed my life, way back when, and they all mean very much to me (you know who you are =p ).

I'm starting to feel very much that I would like to spend some extra time alone. After visiting the Burgundy Room Thursday night, I've been thinking that I'd like to start going there alone, fading into the background, invisible, watching people and listening to music. I could bring my black journal and sit amidst the smoke in the crimson light.... it sounds very attractive to me.

And finally, here it is, my life's official MPAA rating. They deliberated for quite a while, and there was a point where I almost thought they'd give me a PG, but in the end it turned out as a good old G. I'm so.... innocent? Boring? You pick.


My life is rated G.
What is your life rated?
.