The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Sunday, November 02, 2003

Yesterday was a loooooong day if ever there was one. I stayed up till about midnight friday night, being Halloween and all, then had to get up at 7:00 am the next morning for district choir at Evangel. We started at 8:30, rehersed for an hour and a half, got a 30 minute break, rehersed for another hour and a half, went to lunch, rehersed for another two and half hours, changed into robes, and performed for about 45 minutes. Needless to say, by the time it was over, I was exhausted. Singing may not sound like that much work, but it really can be. The last song we performed with combined choirs, so we had a different director. This guy was an insane perfectionist, but he was a perfectionist out of his love for great music, so it was okay. He kept wanting it *bigger* and BIGGER, so I was singing as loud as I could on a high F for 3 pages, and then he made us hold the last note, a high A for me, for like, 30 seconds. It was crazy. I thought I was going to pass out. But really, it was an amazing sound. My parents, grandparents, Hannah, and Adam all came to the concert, and afterwards my Grandpa took us out to eat. I'd had a big and delicious frisco melt lunch, so I didn't think I'd be able to eat much, but you'd be amazed how easily grilled chicken alfredo will go down.

Then there was the beer discrepency. That was great. The resturant was full, so we ended up eating in the bar area, but we had to split up into two different tables, right next to each other. My parents and grandparents sat at one, and Hannah, Adam, Seth and I sat at another. Hannah ordered a root beer, which came in a brown glass longneck. It was the really good kind too, Fitz's, from K.C. Well, there was lots of condensation on the bottle, and the label got soggy, so Hannah just took it off. After a few minutes, I hear a conversation going on behind me about "What's Hannah drinking???" Apparently, my grandma was convinced she had ordered a beer, even though Hannah's 19 and we're in a popular, credible restaurant that I'm sure cards *everyone*. Besides the fact that she *couldn't* order a beer had she wanted to, Hannah is by no means the drinking type. She hates it almost as much as I do. And, even if the universe flipped on its axis and somehow the previous two reasons became invalid, my mother knows that *I* would *never* allow it. Nevertheless, my mother, ever the incredulous, turns around and hisses, "What's Hannah drinking??" Not comprehending the question, I say, "What?" She hisses slightly louder. I turn and look at Hannah and then look back at my mother, saying, "What do you mean?" she then hisses, "Did she order a beer??" When I finally realized just how crazy my family had gotten, I told them she was just drinking root beer and further explained to them exactly why their presupposition would never occur, and expressed just how shocked and insulted I was at their blantant suspicion.

It was funny though. Before that, we had taken turns holding the bottle and asking how much older it made us appear. Apparently not older at all.

After we ate, we went to rent a movie. Hannah unexpected spotted Whale Rider at the rental place, and I was ecstatic. I wasn't expecting it come out on DVD for months, but there it was!!! I told her that renting it would be a waste of money since I was going to buy it anyway, so we walked to Wal-Mart and bought it. Even at Wal-Mart, it was $20 as a new release!! I hate buying DVD's new. They're so much cheaper pre-viewed. Oh well, Hannah aquiecsed and paid for half, though I ended up giving her $10 to the offering this morning, as it was all I had. God reimbursed me though, as always. My parents gave me $20 at lunch, from them and my grandparents, for having straight A's this quarter, including a hard-earned A- in Calulus.

Whale rider was great. It was pure awesomeness. I love love LOVED it, thogh Seth and Adam refused to watch it, and hung out upstairs instead. When we were done they wanted to watch "Just the first scene!" of 2 Fast 2 Furious, so Hannah and I had a great time making fun of *that*. "I fell on a waffle iron!" "Oh no, I can't afford clothes that fit me, so I have to wear my baby's!" "I'm the steretypical 'challenging female' character!" "I'm the returning main character from the first movie, because they couldn't pay Vin Diesel enough money!" etc etc etc.

I went to my cousin's Halloween party Fri. Night, here are a few pics. Teen Girl Squad!!!!!


James. Benjamin James.

That's all, folks!