The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Monday, February 09, 2004

Comment-a-rama:

Left on the comments to Hannah's blog, responding to a post about the hollow hell of acute loneliness:

I know exactly how you feel. It's not so bad at the moment, but I go through periods of absolute loneliness-hell. I once described my loneliness to Sam as "gnawing"... he said he couldn't relate, but I know you can. I find that it gets worse if you actively pursue relationships and dating. Right now I'm doing okay because I've given up! (at least for now). I've accepted that now is not the time for me to be in a relationship--and honestly, I like it better this way. It's so... peaceful. As for further advice to lessen the pain... take a team sports class. Soon the entire male race will become repulsive to you. :)

Left on the comments to Rachel's blog, responding to a post where she described a recent dream:

I've been having more dreams of being in life-threatening situations. The night before last, I was stuck in a tall burning building, 9/11 WTC style. I still don't know if I got out of that alive. Last night people kept shooting at me, and not in a cool "fun movie gunfight" sort of way, just a "straight up terrifying" sort of way.

In dreams, death means change, Which makes sense because I know my life is about to seriously change. The Drury scholars weekend is just two weeks away...