The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Thursday, February 05, 2004

So I watched the CSI with the vampire cults tonight. It reminded me a lot of my vampire-obsessed past. In the seventh grade, I was a huge vampire enthusiast. I was too much of a chicken to actually do anything, or even dress gothically most of the time (though I did have a small collection of goth clothes), but I read everything I could get my hands on and obsessed about the spirituality and psychology of the symbolism. I still do, in that respect. I think vampirism is highly symbolic, and I intend to use that in a least one novel. One of the aspects I always find interesting in life is the contrast of light and dark, purity and corruption. It's the theme of all existence, in the larger world and within everyone's own heart.

Philosophical enough for you?

I'm trying to put together my portfolio for the LAD fair Writer's Hall of Fame entry. It's interesting work, going back through everything. I really want this award. It's what Josh won last year; the first non-shop thing I did with him, I think. It would be incredibly ironic if I won it with an essay I wrote about our realtionship, don't you think.

Oh, and this might be cheesy, but one of the categories is "journal entry", so I wanted to ask any loyal(?) readers what their favorite post was. Just curious. If you don't feel like going back and reading the whole blog, I don't blame you. ;)