The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Friday, August 13, 2004

Ugh.

I am, at the moment, inexplicaby depressed/angry/frustrated/lonely/etc... for no reason at all.

Perhaps I'm just a little unbalanced right now, or maybe it's the fact that subconsciously I'm disappointed in the way my Friday the 13th turned out. Something memorable usually happens on Friday the 13th for me, whether good or bad, it's usually just strange and memorable. Nothing like that happened today, until I did something really stupid and embarassed myself, which just made me feel even more like crap. But don't ask, because I'm not going to talk about it.

I know that Friday the 13th means nothing; it's the May 22nds and the October 9ths that you've really got to watch out for--the point being that you *can't* watch out for them. It's just like in that old Sunscreen speech/song. There's a line that says something to the effect of, "Don't worry about things, because it won't do you any good. Usually the things you worry about aren't really threats, and the things that you *should* worry about blindside you on some idle Tuesday."

And I hate feeling sorry for myself, I really really do. Because that just makes me feel guilty about being ungrateful, which makes me more depressed.

Usually I can at least get some decent writing out of this, but it's not happening tonight.