The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Ew... What's on the Ceiling?

That, ladies and gentlemen, would be my blood pressure. Nasty, huh? This week has made me want to pull my own face off and stick it on an end cap. Little B&N joke for ya there...

I have to write *two* (2) papers for Monday, and as of this moment I have exactly squat. Nada. Zilch. *However*...

I am working on a scene from Taming of the Shrew. It's scene 2.1, the one where Katherine slaps Petruccio, and it's going to be great fun. I'm probably focusing on it a lot more than I should be, as I should be directing my resources elsewhere (i.e. writing PAPERS), but I just can't get it out of my head. The whole thing is just great. I've come up with all of these stage directions and blocking.... the hard part is going to be actually *doing* it. I've never really *acted* acted before, since every school/church play I was in I was cast as the narrator. The problem is that acting takes so much energy for me that it's nearly impossible to rehearse, because every time I have to give about 1000%, and I can only keep that energy level for so long. I have no walls between me and the character at all--when I act, I *become* the character. So when my partner is yelling, he's not yelling at Katherine, he's yelling at me. When he hits on Katherine, he hits on me. When Katherine slaps him, *I* slap him. It's so emotionally exhausting that I think I'm going to go into a psychological coma by the time it's done, but it will be worth it.

I'm having notions to start another cheesy alt. universe short story ala Dream, which Hannah will remember. She is probably the *only* one who will remember. Those were the days. The days of Dream, ASTER, and MDA. I'm still upset that I wasn't actually *in* MDA. Uh oh. Thinking about acting followed by think about old alt. universe novels starring your high school friends= seeing your high school friends act out stage productions of your alt. universe novels, all of them playing their own characters of course. Hee hee. NO! No, very bad. I think it is time that this ill-fated post met its end.