The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Saturday, November 22, 2003

Last night Hannah loaned me her old violin, so I took it today to get a new bridge put in, and will shortly begin teaching myself. I have silently promised my family that I will only practice when they aren't home.

Following my trip to the music store, I went to be a bell ringer for the Salvation Army at the mall. I was paired with an old friend, so it wasn't a chore at all. Gave us two hours to catch up.

The best thing I did today was go to the Beartones concert with Heather. They are definitely the most attractive group of 12 young men in the entire area. They're SMSU's a cappella men's group, and they sing many types of music, from gospel to pop, all a cappella and usually with beatboxing, too. ;) My favorite songs tonight were probably "Crazy Love" (I nearly cried) and "Let's Get It On" (completely hilarious). Agh. They're all *so* cute! And so musically and vocally talented!!! Heather and I were swooning the whole time. We each picked out one for our future husband, though of course we realize that only very, very lucky girls get Beartones. ::sigh:: I know, it kinda sounds like a boyband, and it basically is, except that they're all extremely talented and they mostly arrange their own music, and did I mention it's a cappella? The sound is really incredible. I love them.

They also performed "Great Gettin' Up Mornin'" , "Clocks", "I Gotta Get Through This", "The Longest Time", "Boardwalk", "Stand By Me", "Superman", and lots lots lots more. Excellent. The phrase of the night was: "I want one!"