The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Whew. I just spent the entire evening creating 20 invitations for my Christmas party. I bought some (relatively) cheap blank cards at Hallmark, then cut out 20 *very* unique paper snowflakes, and glued them on the front of the cards. I searched the internet for a worthy font, then typed out a cordial invitation, printed twenty copies, cut them out, and glued them *inside* the cards. After waiting for the glue to dry (i.e. watching the tail end of The Princess Bride on TV) I put them all in their cute little envelopes, sealed them with my cute wax sealing set (breathing in a great deal of smoke), and wrote the names of the recipients on the outside in calligraphy with quill and inkwell.

All in all, very productive, except that I haven't studied any Calculus or Hamlet yet, and I didn't put in any research hours for my dad's internet project. There aren't enough hours in the day.

Today Madrigal went to sing for South Haven Baptist Church's "Young at Heart" group (read: very nice old people who cook us lots and lots of food!!). We sang for the "Arc of the Ozarks" banquet at the Tower Club last night, but they didn't feed us anything, and they just kind of stared at us, so it didn't hold a candle to South Haven. After singing, they feed us *mucho* yummy Christmas food. Turkey, mashed potatoes, dressing, 50 kinds of jello salad and CHOCOLATE CAKE. It was definitely worth missing Calculus, though I'll probably never catch up now. Oh well.

Sam has posted a lovely speech about Christianity and the Arts on Pianists and Pilgrims . So what if he makes me feel worthless? He's a genius.

I'm trying to decide if I should invite the former object of my dysfunction to my Christmas party. It might prove to everyone one and for all that I don't hate him, and it really wouldn't bother me, and it would be a nice gesture, but.... you know. There's still the "psycho" factor. I could completely loose it for no reason and go out of my mind. Then my pretty party would be ruined. ::sigh::

Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them. ---Tanner