The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Check, Check, Check

There is nothing more fun than Martha's. Except, perhaps, LSD. Or sex. Or LSD and sex *at* Martha's, and that's just bad for you.

*BUT* if you want to have a good time and only be in pain for 3 days afterward, Martha's is the place. Yes, I am old and out of shape and three hours of dancing like a ho definitely made me sore for 3 days ALL OVER. But gosh, it was fun.

In addition to having a blast, my superfun weekend also allowed me to cross a few things off of my "to do before I die" list. A sampling:

#67: Sneak minor into gay dance club

#82: Feel pain in knees

#87: Interrupt lesbian sex to retrieve purse

#105: Injure finger and be forced to remove ring due to swelling

#124: Witness handmaking of loose tobacco cigarettes

#156: Enthusiastically encourage a three-way gang-tickle rape.


All in all, I think my parents should be proud of me.

In other news, I am continually amazed at how well my Dell MP3 player knows me. I put it on shuffle all about an hour ago, and even though it has a lot of fast-paced rock and dance music on it that I use to work out, it has consistently spit out Sigur Ros, The Shins, The Decemberists, Iron and Wine, and the like, perfect for my quiet library time of reading and internet surfing.

iPods may look cooler and have that nifty click wheel, but the Dell knows you, heart and soul.