The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Thursday, December 18, 2003

::sigh:: I hate hate. I really do. Life is so much more complicated these days; especially politically. I'm doing all I can to make a positive impact on the world, but I guess no matter what you do people are going to hate you.

Like how most of the world hates America. Maybe I'm just oversensitive, but it really hurts my feelings. I'm doing my best! Is my best not good enough?? From what I can tell, most of the kids my age in Europe and other developed countries have lives very similar to mine; they attend school, enjoy music and movies, etc. Even the same music and movies. Plus we're all young and idealistic... but they still hate us. What is the use of hate? Why do we have to hate each other? It's really difficult for me to deal with someone hating my country so much. This country is part of who I am, and the rest of the world thinks we're terrible people.... it makes me so sad.

I honestly can't think of a single person, country, race, or religion I harbor hate for. What's the use of it? Can't we all just get along??