The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Yes, I'm finally updating....

Since you're all just dying to know, my bridge ended up sucking about as much as I thought it would. I got a C on it. It was horrible. However, it didn't effect my grade, because I got 40 extra credit points for coralling Sophomores for a day for a comprehensive science review before their standardized tests. So I guess it all worked out in the end.

My new job is fine, and I like my co-workers, the only problem is that they expect me to work 7-8 hour shifts standing up and running around with no breaks or food. When I asked about this, my boss said, "Well, generally you should just try to eat before your shift," which of course makes sense, unless your shift is 8 hours long.

...

In other news, even though I'm starving myself and running around all day, I'm still fat. Somehow. I weigh about 10 pounds more than I usually do, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. This has not make shopping for a Prom dress any fun at all. I've decided that now I should be grateful that no teenage boy wants to take a freak like me to Prom, because this means I shouldn't really have to worry about my figure, because, well, who cares? So far this theory hasn't really worked out in real life. I still hate being fat. Go figure.

The Poetry Slam was last Thursday, but nothing interesting or dramatic happened like I thought it would. Still no contact with Former Friend, and no developments with Someone New. It seems as though I'm stuck right now, and can't go forwards or backwards where boys are concerned. Perhaps it's because I'm so fat now that the bulk of my figure has become lodged in the love-time continuum.

The Literary Magazine needs to be sent in by Friday, which means I have a very long and grueling week ahead of me. Among the other fun and excinting activities on the roster this week, I have: a Baccalaureate meeting on Monday, work on Monday and Tuesday, Madrigal practice Tuesday morning at 7:00am, girls chorus practice Wednesday morning at 8:00am, Writer's Hall of Fame banquet Wednesday night (yay!), voice lessons, state festival choral performance, and wedding shower for my cousin's fiance on Thursday, another state festival choral performance on Friday, and *THEN* (dun dun dunnn....) leaving for the choir trip to Worlds of Fun on Saturday! Yay!

(provided, of course, I survive the rest of the week....)

I'm starting to think I should really, really go to bed. Now. Bonsoir.