The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Wednesday, May 12, 2004

A Dream Within a Dream

I've been having really interesting random dreams, both waking and unconscious. I think it's related to the fact that I don't really care about school right now, and work doesn't use much of my mental capacity. For instance, today while I was driving (I know, scary) I started randomly fantasizing that I was in a beautiful evening gown being carried around by/dancing with 10-15 men in tuxedoes, just like in the video for "Material Girl" by Madonna, only it was more like in old movies. I had more of an Audrey Hepburn look. The best part is that the 10-15 men were all the guys in my Physics II class--I know I know, you're all probably picturing a bunch of pizza-faced bespectacled super-geeks. The truth is, almost *all* the guys in my Physics II class are attractive either physically, mentally, or both. In their own special ways.

Okay, so I'm dancing with each one in turn sort of 40's style, and then "This Love" by Maroon 5 comes on the radio, and it starts playing in my head too, so I start to tango and salsa to Maroon 5. It was awesome. You really must try it some time. I had all these incredible dance moves in my head... I was totally hot. Oh, and since not *all* of the guys in my Physics II class are ever-so-desirable, I got to mentally X-out the ones I didn't want there, or perhaps just shove them away.

And this is why we should all live in our heads. It's so much better there.