The Natatorium

An emporium of oddities from around the world, complete with somewhat informative plaques that almost never match the item they are meant to be describing.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

My computer was dead, but has been resurrected. Actually, it's quite the funny story.

I tried to turn on my computer last week and it was all "blah blah blah Hard Error" and I thought to myself, "wow, that's not good" but it didn't really bother me because I had all my important files backed up. So my dad took it to work to have some of his lackeys fix it, then told me that it needed a new hard drive. That was fine with me; new hard drive, whoo-hoo!

Naturally, I assumed that when I got the computer back, it would have the standard windows backgrounds and stuff, being new. Instead, when I turned it on, I saw my old custom wallpaper. My dad came in smiling and said that the "lackeys" had changed their mind and figured out that they really *could* recover all of my files, and put it all back exactly the way it was, on my new hard drive. It really wasn't necessary for them to do all of that, and I think it took them several hours, but my dad has an odd way of putting the fear of God in people by not saying anything at all.

Throughout most of my life, that has been a rather annoying and inconvenient quality in a father. It's nice to know that something good has finally come of it.